The best diet is one that provides all the necessary vitamins and minerals in the amounts that a certain person needs. If one type of diet suits one patient, it does not mean that it will suit another. Hence, examinations, analyzes and consultations with a nutritionist are very important. Calories need to be taken in the appropriate amount, and they should come from proteins, fats and carbohydrates in a ratio that is necessary for the health of every person.
The task of the nutritionist is to focus on solving the cause of the problem, instead of treating the symptoms. The most important thing is to develop a healthy attitude of the patient towards food with his full understanding of the importance of nutrition for optimal health.
The basic postulate of a proper diet is that food is not only a source of energy, but of nutrients that make the body healthy, regenerate and recover it. It is very important to know the basics of nutrition, so that each person can make the right choice of foods that they will consume and that will have the most favorable impact on their physical and mental condition.
The body makes the best use of food in its natural form and in that way creates the healthy energy we need for life. The focus is on whole foods, foods in their natural form, not on processed foods.
Developing healthy eating habits, as well as a safer relationship with food – is the path to health.
Balance of good health:
– set a realistic and measurable goal
– provide a proper and balanced diet
– maintain a healthy body weight
– be physically active
– drink enough water
– provide quality sleep
– avoid stress as much as possible
Characteristics of the first examination
– Taking a detailed history of the patient
– Measurement of body composition using INBODY 270 analyzer
– Consultation with a nutritionist and development of an individual diet plan
– Control measurements in agreed periods
„Vizim” recommends to its clients:
– to perform a comprehensive internal examination before coming to the subspecialist in order to identify the problem and confirm the need for further examinations and tests
– to bring previous medical documentation, if the following laboratory findings must not be older than six months: complete blood count, cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, glucose, iron, AST and ALT. All these laboratory analyzes can be done in the Vizim Health Center.
– not to eat for at least two hours before measuring the composition of the body, as well as not to take a lot of fluids
– to avoid recreation and / or training immediately before the measurement
Analysis of body composition on a modern medical analyzer includes:
– determination of body weight
– determination of muscles (kg)
– adipose tissue (kg)
– body fluids
– non-fat tissue
– BMI body mass index
– Percentage of body fat
– the ratio of the circumference of the waist and hips WHR
– basal metabolism BMR (kcal)
– segmental analysis of fat and muscle
– physical activity planner
– visceral fat level
– level of obesity
– target weight
Making a menu
Based on the obtained results, the nutritionist calculates and creates an individual diet plan and program.
Nutritionists should contact people who:
– have a problem with excess weight and suffer the consequences that occur as a result of being overweight
– have elevated cholesterol and / or triglycerides
– have a fatty liver
– have insulin resistance
– suffer from hormonal imbalance
– have thyroid problems
– suffer from chronic fatigue
– have dermatitis
– suffer from allergies
– have other health problems